Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ThAnKfUl ThOuGhTs.....

So many thoughts going thru my head...Thanksgiving...a time to be with family & friends, reflecting on our life blessings, the little & the big. And today, although I'm sitting here thinking about what I'm thankful for, I can't help but think of all the people in Ethiopia...what makes them thankful?? How are they to give thanks when they don't have alot of food, if any...or a roof over their heads, or a source of income to support their family, or a vehicle...instead they use their feet. So, I'm thankful for all of those exact things...food, shelter, vehicle..etc..but you see. I believe they are Thankful...Thankful for Jesus that gives them Hope...and that's what counts. I'm so very thankful that my eyes have been opened to the needs in Ethiopia..the orphan..the widow...They are a part of our family...and for that I am thankful...and well, since they are our family...I will help just as I would my own family here, I will Love them, just as I Love my Family here, and I will pray for them...as we all should. I'm so very thankful for our 4 children..each one so different but yet, so much alike!!
My husband who has provided for our family since day 1....this has allowed me to be at home with our children...what more could I ask for?? I am thankful that we chose that path, although it was challenging financially at times...we wouldn't change a thing. My family...oh, my family...how could I not be thankful for them?? Love..the love that I feel from our Lord..The beautiful snowflakes falling from the sky, the very few quiet moments I have in my day, and yes all of the noisy moments too!! Health..job..friends...who love & support us..my VAN..never thought I'd be thankful for a van..but, I AM!! It allows me to haul around my whole family..and a couple more!! YOU!! I am thankful for you!! Anyhow, as I was getting ready this morning..this song came to me...
    GIVE THANKS WITH A GRATEFUL HEART
    GIVE THANKS TO THE HOLY ONE
    GIVE THANKS BECAUSE HE'S GIVEN
    JESUS CHRIST HIS SON

    AND NOW LET THE WEAK SAY "I AM STRONG"
    LET THE POOR SAY "I AM RICH"
    BECAUSE OF WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR US
    AND NOW LET THE WEAK SAY "I AM STRONG"
    LET THE POOR SAY "I AM RICH"
    BECAUSE OF WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE FOR US
    GIVE THANKS.

    "God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say Thank-You??"- William Ward

    "If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get."
    -Frank Clark

    "Of all the 'attitudes' we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the
     most life-changing."-Zig Ziglar

    "Gratitude can transform days into Thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary
     opportunities into blessings."-William Arthur Ward

    " If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily!"-Gerald Good

    " As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but
      to live by them."-John Fitzgerald Kennedy



 I hope you take time this Thanksgiving weekend, to not only count your own blessings,
 but think of how you can bless others...    xo kristen

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Kristen! I love the heart that God has given you.

    ReplyDelete