Tuesday, November 9, 2010

4 months ago today....

 I was a complete mess...Kasey & I were starting our travels to pick up our sons...and boy did I look like a crazy lady!!i mentioned the other day..I wish I could see the video surveillance from the Bismarck Airport, I'm sure a few people had some very good laughs!! I also wish I could re-do that day..I was so terrified of leaving 2 of our children here at home, and also sooo terrified that for hours...I would be in a plane for hours above the ocean..2 children here in North Dakota & 2 in Africa...knowing if they needed me...I could do nothing! Looking back at that day, I wish I would've relaxed..bottom line!! We were all ok...we were all in the hands of God...and isn't that the best place to be!! So, there you have it...I was fearful!! Fearful that my plane would go down...what??I knew that God did not take me on this journey to go down in my plane..plain & simple!! Fearful that Grant & Kate would feel jealous, replaced..while they stayed here in Bismarck... skyping with me over the computer, seeing Kasey & I with Ageze & Tesfa...It Broke this momma's heart...I ended up crying every time I talked to them...My family was not all together & I did not like it one bit!! But...4 months ago today...I also began a journey that would leave me feeling...BLESSED BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS....And I'm so very thankful that God put my heart at peace..(well, once we were in MPLS,that is!!) and I have never felt so close to my God, as I did when we were flying through the sun-lit sky, looking out of the plane's window..seeing the Mediterranean Sea...Seeing the Northern outline of Africa...knowing that God was with me...even though I was so far away from so many people I loved...HE was STiLL there.... and always will be!! ( I was listening to Here I am to worship...I probably shouldve apologized for my terrible singing voice...I'm sure every one next to me heard me singing...ha!!) Don't ever underestimate the love God has for you...my God is so big, so strong & so mighty..there's nothing my God cannot do. Lord, I am so thankful that even in the times I am fearful, nervous, doubtful...that YOU are still there...and I am so very thankful that you took the fear away from me that July day...I cannot imagine if I would have missed out on such a life-changing opportunity..and I'm forever thankful that you entrusted our family with two of your most precious children!!

                                                               xo kristen

1 comment:

  1. So thankful we didn't miss our opportunity for blessing and joy as well. What a journey!

    If you get a chance, come check out www.wearegraftedin.com and check out the forum to get involved with other preadoptive and adoptive mommies. We could use your voice there!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete