Monday, November 15, 2010

funny the way it is...

As I had a few quiet moments today...i sat thinking & looking back at the last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...WOW....has our life changed!! First to my mind..when I thought about flying somewhere...the farthest I could ever see myself flying was to Florida...why?? Well, because I have traveled there  many times..it wasn't new to me...I trusted that I'd get there fine, and all would be ok!! But you see, no matter where I travel...there's always a chance...a very slim one...that something horrible would happen to me. ...and it doesn't matter where we are or where we travel...God is always there....You know, it's funny how God works...never did I imagine God would send me halfway across the world...You see, that was one of my deepest fears...flying!! And he had it all planned out...At the beginning of the process...I honestly thought...oh.my.goodness...how will I ever make it there...I had heard from so many other families traveling before us...how wonderful their experience was, how beautiful Africa & it's people were...and how precious our sons were..but, somewhere inside me..It felt so out of reach...It seriously felt like I would never get there....and now I know why...because, until you experience it first-hand..one would truly never be able to fully understand how right they all were!! Not only has this been a journey to get our sons & brothers...it's also been a journey in my walk with God...I have never felt so much comfort, peace, & contentment as I do now. Don't let the fears of your heart control you, determine where you go, or stop you from doing something that you so strongly desire...A few years ago, I was diagnosed with M.S...and most of the comments I would get about our family adopting was..."How can you do that?" or, "Won't that be hard on your health?" I tell you what friends...you know whats hard on your health...FEAR!! And HOW COULD I NOT??? I wasn't given a death sentence...hmmm....let me think...be a family to children who are without...or be afraid that maybe someday my MS will get worse...I CHOOSE TO BE THAT FAMILY!! What is fear holding you from??  
   2 Timothy1:7 For God has not given you us a spirit of fear, but of power & of love & of a sound mind.

 Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
                                                       xo kristen

2 comments:

  1. It has been such an honor to walk the last year with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful post! Such inspiring words...gave me goosebumps! Thank you for being such a leader in adoption for those of us in the early process :)

    ReplyDelete