Saturday, October 6, 2012

The Leap...


Oh, where to start!!!! Like I said...our family is about to make a huge, exciting, life-changing leap! A leap that would've scared me immensely just a couple of years ago. A leap that just 8 months ago we could picture ourselves doing, but just not yet. A leap that was planted in our hearts 2 1/2 years ago as we stepped foot on Ethiopian soil. And, I can't believe that the seed that was planted in our hearts that day in July 2010....would have ever grown into this!! Well, I guess I can....because God is amazing like that!! There is so much to say. So many emotions I feel. Excitement. Nerves. Anticipation. Amazement. In awe. Humbled. Grateful. And a few tears here & there.


But, WE MUST GO. 
Fill us up...send us out!!!! Fill us up...send us out!!!!

One of my favorite verses....
Isaiah 6:8 
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

We have prayed and prayed for the last two years..."Lord, wherever you call our family to, we will be obedient and GO!" Not that we weren't or aren't happy with life as it is. We are abundantly blessed. But, as a family, we are very open to what & where God is calling us to. Since traveling to Ethiopia in July 2010 & 2012...we haven't been the same. We can't shake it. We aren't going to try to shake it any longer. So, with that..........

Our family will be moving to the beautifully created country of Ethiopia!! We will be living in Addis Ababa....the place where chunks of our hearts have been left. And, we are longing to return!!!! 

Are we crazy, you ask???? Yep, crazy about Our God!!! Crazy about following Him. And, what will we be doing??? We will serve as the Executive Directors for Heavenly Hope Ministries Africa! And, we couldn't be more honored and excited...Thank you Lord. You see, its not about us rescuing the "least of these" in Ethiopia, but it is about Jesus and how He has rescued us and we want our lives to reflect that and honor Him.

We can hardly wait to live life with the people of Ethiopia. It gives me chills dreaming about the relationships that will grow throughout our time in Addis.  When do we take this leap? Well, making this commitment to Christ was the 1st step of our "leap!" So, we've officially begun our "leap!" The target date for all 7 of us to head on over will be no later than September 2013!!!


Within this next week... I will be sharing more from my heart, about how this has all fallen into place & how great our God is, who has stirred our hearts for something more! But, until then...take a peek at this video from Heavenly Hope...it will give you a glimpse of what we will be doing in Ethiopia. Turn off our blog music on bottom left of page before watching video.


7 comments:

  1. I will be following ya'll closely. Not to diminish the impact the two adults in the family will have, but kids seem to be able to create bridges to others where adults can't. I'm so excited to see how God will use all your kids to show Christ to others of all ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen! How AMAZING!!!!!!! So moved by your obedience to the Lord's call... I can't wait to hear more about the ministry you will be leading in ET and following along on your adventure. And we will have to come visit you in Addis when we travel in a couple years!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Kasey & Kristen!!! That is AMAZING!!!! Please keep up the blog in the next year and especially once you're all settled in!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel proud and also selfish to see you gone so far. We love you. You will always be "our" baby boy. Our hearts will be with you. Take care of our grandchildren. Your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AMAZING!!! I haven't been on blogger much, but I'm so glad I didn't miss this! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited about what God is doing with your family!! I'm looking forward to many posts FROM Ethiopia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayyyyy! This is AMAZING!!!!! So thankful to know you guys!

    ReplyDelete