Tuesday, October 9, 2012

{we found love.}

I like to say..."we found love!" And, if you haven't heard the song called "We found Love"....you should most definitely check it out here..



We took a leap of love 2 1/2 years ago & in the process of that leap, we found exactly what God had in store for us. His love. His faithfulness. His goodness. His strength. We found all of those things in Ethiopia. And in America too. I've been a christian for many years now, but up until a few years ago, I honestly never fully grasped how Great our God was/is! We set off for Ethiopia in 2010 to pick up our 2 youngest sons & I could never have imagined that we would also find love in the country that held our children. I mean, I knew it would be a great experience & all. I just didn't understand or know how deeply it would impact me & the rest of our family. I am in complete awe when I look at each of our children...tears fill my eyes and all I can do is thank God. The healing & restoration that only God could perform is incredible. And, not just for our Ageze, Tesfa & Ariyat...I think the same for Grant & Kate too...for a few different reasons obviously, but He is just so good. After returning home to the States in July 2010 with our 2 newest children grasping onto us...there was no denying what was left behind. Ethiopia. From the minute we left Ethiopia, we knew we'd be returning. Just 2 short years later, Ariyat came home to us!! Again, Ethiopia would not leave our minds. Yes, there were days I would beg that it would. Life would be so much easier to live here in our comfy, cozy little home in the States. A steady, stable income, a reliable car, (or 2 for that matter), our family all within a 10 minute drive, drive-thru restaurants at every corner, Target.


But, God. God doesn't want me to live an "easy, comfortable" life.

He knew that my heart would stir after visiting Ethiopia. He knows me. He knew that once my heart was stirred, it wouldn't stop. He knows each of us so very well. And, I'm so glad He does. He knows what is best for me. He knows how our move to Ethiopia will impact our whole family. He knows every thought & concern that passes through my mind. He puts me at ease & gives me peace. God & I have had many talks in the past few years...they've gone something like this..."God, thank you for opening my eyes. To You. To others. To others needs. Our desire is to follow you Lord. In all that we do. Lord, if that ever means that You pick our family up & move us somewhere out of our comfort zone, Lord, we are willing...did you hear me...we are willing. We want to live each day to glorify You Lord, whether it be in our neighborhood or across the ocean, may You be glorified." I would pray this many times a day. I'm not even kidding. Then one morning while I was showering, I heard the Lord clearly say..."Go! You said you were willing, what are you waiting for, what are you holding onto?" In my head many things came to mind...my house. my reliable car. my kids' beds. their bedrooms. my backyard that I landscaped on my own. my flowers. our FAMILY. And, once again He said..."your flowers, really? Your stuff? It's all just stuff, Kristen. I can understand you missing your family Kristen, but they are MINE. Hand it all over to Me!"




"Ok, Lord...I get it...You want all of me!!!" He has my heart. He has our family in the palm of His hands. He has yours too. So, we give up what is comfortable and follow Him. Obviously, each of us has a completely different, unique, special story. This is just a brief part of the story He has written for mine. I'd love to hear yours:)




Can't wait to share with you how we became connected with Heavenly Hope Ministries!!!
                                                           xo

1 comment:

  1. So thankful to call you my friend. Love you Kristen. Praying for this next step. Excited to see all the He will continue to do in you and through you and your family.

    ReplyDelete