Thursday, October 4, 2012

whats in a name....{ this here blog...LEAP OF LOVE.}

Leap of love. About 3 years ago, we sat in our living room ( at the time) and discussed what we shall name our blog. This blog would hold many memories, journeys, adventures, leaps, bounds, trials & errors. Since I've never been great at keeping up with our kids' baby books, this was a way that we could document our family happenings & eventually turn this blog into a book!! As this blog started out as "ours," it most certainly has been handed over to God. No, he's not the one sitting here next to me typing this all out, but He definitely has His hand all over it. You're probably sitting there wondering where this is going...You see, 3 years ago as we were deciding on a name, many thoughts came to mind. Should we say..."leap of faith" "Gilliss gang" "leap of trust"....And, all I could keep coming back to was "Leap of love"...I also struggled with it....when deciding, all I could think of was..."gosh, it's not like it's that hard of a leap to love a child" like we were choosing to do...through adoption. (It IS hard at times.) I've always loved children. I dreamt from a very young age that someday I would adopt. Not from Ethiopia. From China. The only thing I had ever heard about Ethiopia...was how poor & desperate the country was. I was sure of going to China someday, but not Ethiopia. Never. Wow, has God opened our eyes!! Anyhow, back to that "leap!" Little did I know, saying "yes" to God 3 years ago to open our hearts to Ethiopia & adoption was just the beginning!! We, as a family, are going into this next "leap" in our lives with much prayer, insight, confidence, excitement, anticipation & nerves. Never could I have imagined the story He was writing when He set our hearts on fire for the "least of these."                        


          I challenge you to take a "leap!" It might seem like a small one to begin with or a very large one...whichever it may be...LEAP!! Gods got you!!!
        Can't wait to share with you this next "LEAP" that God is leading our family on!!!
                                                              xo

No comments:

Post a Comment