Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ready or not...here we come...

WHAT??? Ok, so not yet 100% sure on this,but today we got an e-mail announcing that the ET govt. is changing one of the regulations/rules....They have decided that families adopting from ET are now required to travel twice before returning back here,with their children. The first time Kasey and I would both be required to go,which I believe would be around their court date..And yes,friends,our court date could be right around the corner....eeeekkk!!So, with that being said,we could potentially be going to ET in 3 or so weeks..no, we don't have a court date..yet!! Just my own speculation/guessing!! Anyhow, we are hoping that since we received/accepted a referral more than a month ago that we will be grandfathered in!!hmmm.i guess we'll just wait and see. So, all of this just makes my head spin...on one hand, it thrills me to think that I could possibly be meeting our sons so soon!!!And on the other hand, how could i ever leave them in ET,after having met them..yes, that would mean,we would meet them,spend a week or so with them,and have to take them back to the orphanage, and return 6-8 wks. later??NO WAY!! Also, there is absolutely NO WAY, I am able to spend the 6-8 wks in ET,without Grant and Kate...so to Ethiopia they would be going. I'm probably thinking way too much,chill out Kristen!! Anyways, gotta prepare for the worst and least desirable,right??  So tonight Please Pray for our family and so many others that this is affecting...WHY is this going in to effect,you ask?? Well, there have been a dramatic increase of revocation cases in which the adoptive parents decline to bring their children home after having passed court.........NO WAY...how in the world could one do this?? Must let my mind rest,Really,I'm fine..just needed to get it off my shoulders....and on to GOD's... xo Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment