Thursday, December 16, 2010

this & that....





Since my last post about my new "Nudred" for the boys' hair....this is how its going!! Tesfa didint want his pic taken...so here is Ageze!! It actually gets easier & more workable each day!! The Nudred hair lotion that comes with your purchase is great...but, not very big, and well, since I am using it on both of the littles....I went to Target & found this product...CANTU!! Its an oil shea butter...I squeeze a bit on the sponge and work away...I rub the sponge Counter-clockwise...an area at a time...for example...On Ageze, I usually start on the back of his head, work my way around the sides, and finish up on top!! I have learned you don't need to apply that much pressure...Kasey tried doing it first...ummm...lets just say, Ageze was saying.."Papa..too hard...ow, my ear, my head, too hard!!" So, I tried it, and WA-LA!! I hardly press down at all!! Ageze now says, "Momma do it, like Momma do it, Momma soft!!" 2 points for me!! Ha!! He continues to tell everyone who wants to listen about his beautiful Ethiopian Hair!! It's the first thing he wants to do upon waking!! Tesfas is quite simple...he doesnt have as much hair as Ageze, so it takes me like 1 minute to do his!! Oh, and by the way...I only rinse their hair in the morning, and towel dry and then start doing their hair!! I've been conditioning it a couple times a week, and shampooing 1/wk!! So, all in all...pretty Easy!!
     And, what an exciting night tonight!! Grant & Kate have their annual School Christmas Program..their school always does such a nice job, so we are looking forward to that!! And tomorrow, we are having Grant's class to our house for his class Christmas Party!! 22 kids under the age of 8!!!! What was I thinking??? No, it will be totally fun...a bit loud, I'm sure..but, so fun!! Well, off to do a few errands...
         Check out Kelly with Ordinary Hero's Blog...she is in ET right now, loving her daily updates!!
                                       www.ordinaryheroblog.blogspot.com 
                                                        xo kristen

2 comments:

  1. Looks SO good! And he looks so incredibly proud of his Ethiopian hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so beautiful!

    I've got some questions about the NuDred as I'm considering it for my girls. Is this for someone who wants long-term dreds? I'm wondering if I can give the girls dreds for a few days and then a new style a few days later. How hard is it to take out the dreds/detangle? I'd love your feedback. I'm at carey@lifeinthecarpoollane.com.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete