Saturday, December 11, 2010

No more excuses...

My wife usually does the posting on our blog, so this will probably be a little more choppy than normal.  She is tired from her Carrie Underwood concert so I will fill in for her.  Kris and I talked tonight about our plans for the future, the feeling that we have to do more, and what that means for our family.  I listened to her as she explained what she had on her heart (we will share more of that when the time is right) and I found myself thinking, "can I keep up with this woman" & "man I love my wife".  Our adoption this year changed our lives and why would we want to go back to having our eyes closed to what is around us after God clearly opened them for us.  It is amazing how a person can come up with excuses as to why we should not do something a little risky and out of our comfort zone.  And as some of  these excuses were trying to work there way into my thoughts, I ran across this below and wanted to share it. 
    
I may not have much money,

but I have hands that can go and hold them


I may not be able to adopt them all,

but I can give my time,

I can be a voice when they have none,


I may not have a semi to bring tons of food,

but I can roll up my sleeves and stir pots,

I can go into their villages and bring what my two hands can carry.


I may not be able to take away all of the hurt and loneliness,

But I can step into their lives,

learn more about how to love and pray.


I may not have all of the answers,

but I can go prayerfully with my God who does.


We all have so much to give...

and even more to gain....

No comments:

Post a Comment