Sunday, December 5, 2010

snowy, special days:)


















Saturday we literally just played around all morning...Bismarck received plenty of snow...perfect for playing in the yard with the kiddos...we played outside till noon or so...then ran a few errands...as a family!!! Yep, Kasey was even with us!!! It was such a treat to have him home on a Saturday....and looking forward to many more Saturdays just like this one!! Today was a special day...Ageze & Tesfa were baptized at our church. They were all thrilled to dress up in their holiday clothes, but not as thrilled about being in front of our church!!! Grant gets so very nervous in front of so many people...wonder where he gets that?? Ageze & Tesfa did great...they had the biggest smiles I've ever seen...the whole time, even while being Baptized. It was an emotional morning for me...about every song I sang, I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes...and wouldn't you guess it...not only were these songs beautiful, they also had the words " african plain, god's children"...perfect for this day!! Kasey said a bit about our last year, the journey and all...and then the microphone was handed to me...aaaahh!! Have so much to say, and would really love to share...but my tears got the best of me, so this is all I could get out..." Something that just stands out to me today, amidst my tears, is that about 5 short months ago we met our boys' birth families....and on that day we promised to raise our boys...their boys' in a christian home...to Ageze's BirthFather, that was an important question he asked us...a few times over...so here we are...baptizing them to our Lord, so this day is extra special to us." I so wish Ageze's birthfather could have seen today...seen Ageze's beautiful, smiling face...he is happy, he is loved, and he is indeed, God's Child!!! So, there you have it, like I said, I wish I could've said more..because I have so much I could talk about...but I'll leave that for another day!!! Enjoy a few pic's...xo kristen 
                                               p.s. stay tuned for something exciting!!!!

1 comment: