Saturday, March 3, 2012

packing. pepto. prayers.

It's Saturday morning....I have way too much on my mind to stay asleep!!! Packing, list-making, prayer, more packing, saying goodbye to our 2 boys here at home, this cough that doesn't let go, the flight...oh, the flight:(

Last night we headed to the mall/Target for a few last minute things...nail polish for the little girls at the care center, soccer balls, a new blanket to give our girl, benadryl, pepto & Kate found the sweetest little necklace to share with her sister:)


I've had a few of you ask how the birth family court went??.....everything went smooth. The birth family was there & said another goodbye to "A"...hurts my heart. Here we are, preparing to meet our girl for the 1st time...all awhile they had to leave her once again:( I can't imagine how hard that must be.

One last thing before I start my to-do list....a more specific prayer request list!!

Please continue to pray for:
Our health......Grant & I...we can't get rid of these icky coughs. Oh, & Grant's little eyes:(
Protection....during our travels & while we are in ET. Also, for my parents who will be watching Ageze & Tesfa.
Ageze & Tesfa...that they know that we will be coming home...Ageze has asked a few times.."mom, you coming back?" Please pray for peace in their hearts.
Travel...that our luggage, including bins of donations will get to ET just fine!! For smooth travel!!
My parents...for their survival:) 10 days is a long time!!!
Our "A"....pray for her little heart...she has experienced so much loss in the past year. Pray that our meeting her for the 1st time & having to say good bye to each other will be easier than we imagine it to be.
Grant & Kate...that in the midst of the poverty, sadness, despair that they will see... that they will experience pure joy!! I know they will:)
Court....our court date is Friday, March 9th...so, Thursday night while you are sleeping!! We hope to become "A's" legal birth parents that day!!

  Thank you for covering us in prayer. I'm sure I will think of more in the next couple of days, but this is a start!!
                                                 let the packing begin!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm emotional over here just putting myself in your position and remembering so many of the emotions that we also experienced! Took a few moments just now to pray for your sweet family (every member!), and I pray that God continues to put you on my heart to lift you up in prayer. Can't wait to hear that you've passed court and see photos of you holding your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Just wanted to say I'm praying for your family. What an amazing journey. Wishing you more blessings than you can handle. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your strength, courage and hope. Your family is amazing...every single one of you are blessed to have each other:)

    Tawnya G.

    ReplyDelete