Tuesday, February 28, 2012

emotion overload!

In one week from today, we will be stepping foot back in Ethiopia! It feels so unreal, really!! I remember last time leading up to the trip, it was actually really hard to picture ourselves being there!! It seems like it's on a whole different planet....so close, but yet so far away. I am absolutely, completely overjoyed that we will be meeting our girl in a week...but, I have so many other emotions as well. The thought (again!) of saying goodbye to 2 of our kiddos here, makes me teary. The thought of Grant & Kate having this opportunity is jaw-dropping. What an experience. The thought of finally holding our girl in our arms brings me back to tears & ear to ear smiles!! I can't wait to see Grant & Kate's first reaction as we step foot off the plane in ET. It was a shock for me, I can't imagine what their little minds will be thinking?! Grant has asked me a few times now, "Mom, what do you think "A" is going to do when she sees us for the 1st time??" Well, it could go a few different ways!! Ageze literally came running for me, jumped into my arms & held on for his life. Tesfa stood there completely emotionless...we scooped him up & he was unsure.... to say the least. They were both so different. I am going into this with zero expectations!! Either which way she reacts...I hope she lays her head down at night knowing that she is so very loved.

Tonight, as we sleep...her birth family will appear at court, giving the judge the final relinquishment of "A." I pray that her birth family feels hope & peace in this situation. I can't even begin to imagine what this must be like. Here we sit, so excited to finally be meeting her...all awhile her birth family makes that final statement....no words for this. I pray that the Lord will protect & cover them with His unending love. 

Along with all of this, please be praying for Tesfa. He started preschool today:) He will be going T & TH all day. The play therapist he sees, thought this would be a great idea for him....trusting & believing that this was a wise choice. Without going into too many details...the past couple of  weeks have been hard, really hard. I'm sure a bit of it comes from us going back to ET. Please pray that this transition for him ( & I) goes smooth & that we see a few improvements in his behavior towards me. 

Reminding myself, once again...that He never leaves us!!! I will never walk alone!!! Knowing that every victory is His power in us!!

                                                      love & be loved.

3 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your trip to ET and for Tesfa's start of preschool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were at court today (during the night for you)-it is likely that we were sitting in the same crowded room as A's birth parent. My heart was breaking for all of the birth parents there...I had a hard time keeping my emotions under control.

    ReplyDelete