Saturday, February 4, 2012

Emotion alert!!!!

If any of you heard screaming, shouting & praising Thursday afternoon...well, that would've been me!! We received the long awaited( really, it was less than a week from the time we were submitted to court until we heard about our court date!!) phone call....yes, the one where you jump up & down with joy, anticipation, anxiety, excitement, utter disbelief...yep, it was that call.....We got our court date!!!! We will be leaving somewhere around March 5th for Ethiopia!!!! That means we will see our daughter's most precious face...the one we've been staring at & praying over for the past 7 months...in about one month!!!! I guess you could say I'm a bit excited!! But, with that excitement, comes many other emotions. This time our adoption process is a bit different...not sure if you remember or not...but, when we went to Ethiopia to get our boys..it was exactly that. We met them for the 1st time & we also brought them home with us. This time, that is different. We go to Ethiopia to meet her & go to court, where we hope to hear she is legally our's:) And, we are able to spend a few hours a day with her, at the care center where she is at. Which, to this momma..is really hard to think of..just a few hours:( So, as of today I am really struggling with the fact that we will be leaving her in Ethiopia while we board a plane & head back to the U.S. It breaks my heart. My mind can't even go there. I know so many other children & families have had to go through this many times...I know she "gets" this process....which again, breaks my heart. Ageze & Tesfa have been sharing their thoughts about this situation...Ageze says..."Momma, it take so long for you to come." Tesfa says..."I cry & cry & cry...In Ethiopia I want my mom & dad." And, for them...the day we met them...they came with us & they were no longer waiting. The thought of her having to wait again while we are in the states, between court & embassy...well, it just about tears my heart apart. Please pray for "A's" Heart & our's. Obviously, I'm most concerned with how she will handle it...I KNOW without a doubt that we WILL be back. She, on the other hand has had so many caregivers & so many changes in her little life...I just wish there was a way to stay in ET while waiting to bring her home...I know, you all think that's crazy talk:) Really, I have tossed & turned that idea in my head for months now...and the main reason we can't do that is obviously because of finances...plane tickets are $$$$. And, taking 6 of us...well, that's absolutely very expensive....but in my wishful thinking moments...I just wish this was a possibility:) So there you have it...lots of emotions!!! But, most of all..we are just so anxiously awaiting the day we hold her in our arms!        xo

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Ugh, I know...leaving our daughters on the other side of the world was SO hard...I will never forget driving away from the care center or touching down on American soil without them. Without the other half of my heart. But God is faithful, and there was so much grace. Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete