Sunday, January 29, 2012

ONE STEP CLOSER!!

Friday was a day of Joy in our house.  The news that our dossier was officially submitted to court was very welcomed news.  We had been waiting to hear this because we are "hoping" to get a court date before Feb 6th. (The courts will be closing Feb 6th-26th, wish our holiday celebrations went that long!)  Also, we found out that two friends of ours had their dossiers submitted on Friday too!!..... making it very possible that we will be able to travel together, which would make this already great trip, even greater!!!

Today I find myself feeling a little different.  Don't get me wrong, I am obviously so happy to have everything moving forward, but knowing we are so close to seeing her, makes me even more impatient & it feels even harder knowing that we can't just go today!! So, I felt my anxiety level rise today, because I am so ready to be there with our little girl and hold her.  I just want her to have that feeling of knowing she has a family that loves her and wants her home.  See, she doesn't know yet! The thought of her seeing all of her little friends meeting their families, some coming to visit for the 1st trip & other's leaving with their families for a life in America...well, it just makes me want to get there that much quicker! Don't get me wrong..I love that her friends have met their mom's & dad's, brother's & sister's...I just want her to know that she is not alone.

If you have experienced adoption yourselves...you probably understand the way I'm feeling. I don't just look at "A" like a little girl waiting for a family...I look at her as my daughter, waiting for her Dad to scoop her up into her daddy's arms. From the first time we saw her picture...we knew. She was our girl.

                                          Kasey

3 comments:

  1. Praying all three families get a court date soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goosebumps Kasey. Both at the thought of you finally holding your daughter, and because of the incredible father that you have become. Praying for God's protection each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete