Monday, January 16, 2012

My Heart.

My heart. It continues to grow. I've always had a love & passion for helping others. By others, I used to think the "others" were just next door or down the street. Which they still are, but my "others" has grown!

I couldn't be more excited about what I'm about to tell you next!! I am a Noonday Ambassador!!!! Many of you are probably thinking..."what in the world is that?" "what is Noonday??" Well, the passion at Noonday is this.....

"Our passion at noonday collection is to connect you with the lives of artisans struggling for a better future while styling you along the way. Fashion and design are a vehicle for opportunity and change. you, too, can be a voice for the oppressed!"
I have also always had a love for fashion & design, so this new opportunity couldn't be a better fit!! 

The best part is that WE can make a difference for each of these women you see below...yes, me & you!!! After having been in Ethiopia, I see these beautiful women in a whole new way. I feel close to them, I want to help them, I feel responsible. We are responsible. 
So, I choose to keep growing...my heart's passion is to love. So, I choose to love these women from around the globe. I invite you to be a part of it!!!!
 Please take the time to browse through this attached link...you won't be disappointed!!! 


meet our artisans

At Noonday Collection, the artisans aren't just at the heart of our company, they ARE the company. The artisans we purchase our collection from know their craft. For them to get paid a fair and competitive wage for the skilled work of their hands is a unique and life-altering opportunity for most of them. Because we practice Fair Trade guidelines, your purchases enable them to earn more than what they would be earning in another job. This extra income enables them to put their children in school, buy chickens, or even expand their own business so they can employ their local community.
Noonday Collection only partners with companies and ministries who assure that their artisans are growing, learning, and benefiting from their craft. All of our suppliers use fair trade principles. Basic fair trade principles state that artisans receive a fair, living wage, a good working condition, and a reasonable path out of poverty. We want to go beyond fair trade. In many instances, the artisans are part owners in the companies! Read more about the stories behind your purchases.
 Isaiah 58:10  "And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness and your night will become like the noonday!"



No comments:

Post a Comment