Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Guest blogger aka Kasey

I have been waking up lately and all day, all I can think about is our little girl waiting for us in Ethiopia. It consumes my thoughts.  It can be such a lonely feeling, but then one of our adoption friends miles away, reaches out to us.  I am continually amazed at the outpour of encouragement & support we receive from so many other adoptive parents from around the U.S....many of them from within our agency & others whom we know by name, but have yet to meet! They are definitely some of our biggest supporters! I think all of us adoptive parents can vouch for that. We stand with each other through some very long, hard but worth every second of it days, weeks, months & even years for some. At times, we feel as if the people who are closest to us, understand the least, but, it's all of you who really can understand & relate to this mighty journey we are on. The beautiful thing about looking elsewhere for encouragement is that you come across stories like Katie Davis from Amazima Ministries.  I look at this young girl with such admiration, and if you were to praise her, she would simply tell you that she is just doing what the Bible tells us to do. It's so encouraging to read her story, she is truly being the hands and feet of Jesus, which is something we should all strive for. I encourage you to take a look at this young lady and read her book.  It will change your outlook, and hopefully inspire us all to do more.
                                                                        Kasey


1 comment:

  1. Joe & the kids got me that book for Christmas! I've only begun reading, but I've followed her blog for a long time.

    I have to say one of the differences between our current adoption from China & our adoption from ET is the relationships. I am part of a yahoo group from our agency, but it's most sharing paperwork help. Not nearly as relational as before, & I miss that! I think some of it is that all of our children are at different orphanages all over China. So, no connecting for updates from traveling families, etc. Oh, how I miss those frequent pictures & updates!!! We've only had one this whole time. :(

    ReplyDelete