Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 8th...markets, Ariyat time, loving Addis!!!

Obviously, the highlight of each day was to see Ariyat!! We would usually wake each morning...far too early, eat a delicious breakfast...enjoy the views of the city from the 6th floor of our hotel restaurant...and then make our way outside to enjoy the warm sun, the daily activity in front of our hotel & wait for our driver to take us to the care center!! I have to tell you...waking up in Addis, smelling that air, visiting the people...well, lets just say...I could totally get used to it!! My wish for all of you, is that....you shall experience Ethiopia at some point in your life here on earth!! This evening at church, we were talking "missions..." as a team from our church is headed to ET tomorrow with Childrens Hopechest. We were visiting how often times, people who go on missions or think of missions, often think of going somewhere & saving someone. We get this comment many times..."you must feel so good knowing that you saved your boys?" Really? They have saved us. They have taught me things I already thought I knew. Their country & the people continue to amaze me. They are family to us. They are near & dear to our hearts. If I could get on that plane tomorrow, I would!! Alright, so I got a little off track!!!

Anyhow, I hope you can see through our pictures all that Ethiopia has to offer all of us!! They are the most kind, genuine, loving people I have ever met. Our time there was nothing short of amazing, even if I did sound like I was coughing up a lung!!

                                                     Enjoy March 8th through our eyes!!!!                                                 









                                                                         xo

No comments:

Post a Comment