Monday, March 26, 2012

March 11th, 2012...Ariyat. birthday party. Top View.

This morning we had hoped to attend a church in Addis...Hopefully next time will allow for that, this particular day I was feeling pretty ick:( We took our time getting ready & then had another delicious breakfast upstairs!! We then made our way to Ariyat!! Once again, we had so much fun seeing her & spending time together. After our time there, we were invited to Yared's home for a birthday party for his youngest son...( Yared owns an Ethiopian restaurant in Denver & also works for IAN in Addis!!) What a fun experience that was!! The food was delicious, of course!! We were able to spend a few hours just hanging out, playing with their boys & enjoying a coffee ceremony!! I might like coffee, after all!!! I've always loved the smell of coffee, but have never really enjoyed it...ET coffee is so different....it is so smooth & really tastes like a delicious dessert!!!! After returning back to the hotel, Kate & I decided to take a nap, which ended up lasting through the night til the next morning!!! Kasey & Grant had joined the Matlock family for dinner at the Top View!! They had fun & we were able to get some much needed rest!! All in all....what a fun day!!!















                                                                  love & be loved.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, you don't know me but I know it's always nice to get comments from the random people who are browsing your blog... I just wanted to let you know that your blogs and photos just about bring me to tears and make my heart sing. I found your blog through my friends' blog (http://haveman-circle.blogspot.com/). I am currently spending the school-year in Cameroon as a student missionary teacher. I absolutely love seeing what you are allowing God to do in and through your family! This has a special place in my heart especially after this school year here and I hope and pray that I can raise a beautiful family like yours for God someday! God bless you!
    ~Tabitha Schumacher

    ReplyDelete