Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tesfa + Joshua= buddies....Injera...LeTourneau family....class visit....new "must read."

Wow.what a crazy title. But, really awesome, exciting stuff. Well, first off...the injera...as Ageze was looking at photos tonight from our time in Ethiopia last summer, he came upon a picture of him at The Yod Abyssinia ( a traditional Ethiopian restaurant!) eating injera, doro wat etc...he held the picture up to his nose, and said.."momma, I can still smell it, can you??" typing it gives me goosebumps. I replied.."yes, honey...I can too!" mmm..mmm...good! Love that boy of ours!







We've had the privilege of having our friend, Joshua at our house this week...what fun we've had!! Take a peek at these two sweet boys!!

 Next up...Drum roll please.....the LeTourneau Family as in Joey & Destiny LeTourneau...will be coming to Bismarck The last weekend in October...and speaking at our church...Bismarck Community Church @ 10:15 am!! So, that is October 30th...10:15 am...be there!! You can & should check out their website at
www.mark1014family.com.... They have recently returned back to the states after serving in Ethiopia for a few years...they will be sharing about their time in ET, orphan awareness & talking about their newly released book.."Revolutionary Freedom."

So, yesterday while Ageze was in class...they were discussing continents, countries etc..His teacher told me while  they were talking he raised his hand, and started talking about Ethiopia...the sights, smells, food, animals, NO toys, his home, the orphanage etc...his life before coming home to our family! She asked if I would like to share anything else with the class...so, tomorrow am, Ageze & I will be showing pictures, Ethiopian clothes (yes, he has asked if he could wear his traditional clothes to school:) music...and Ageze suggested bringing popcorn to share with his friends..I'm not sure exactly all of the details about the significance of popcorn in ET, but I do know that it is very commonly served during their coffee ceremonies! He has also asked to bring his ET music...which will be so fun!! He asked me..."momma, can i dance & sing, too??" It is so precious to hear his sweet voice singing along to the music, and his dance moves are to die for!!!! I love that he is talking about his culture...I sure hope it continues!!

  Finally...today I received a new book in the mail...this is no ordinary book...it is "Kisses from Katie."
By, Katie Davis...I'm sure alot of you have read her blog, and if you haven't..I strongly recommend you do..www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com ...I'm on page 94, and I don't want to stop. What an inspiration she is:)
  alright, off to get my kiddos to bed...I gotta keep on with my awesome read!!!
                                                                       xo

1 comment:

  1. You are my hero once again.Not only did you play a HUGE part in leading me to my son, you made his week (and mine)not just something we survived. You made us both thrive. You are more of a gift to me than you will ever know. Thank you for teaching me, opening my eyes/heart, and loving my whole family so well.

    On a less personal note, I am SO excited about 30/30/30 Sunday, fasting, the Latourneau's, and the meal! And can't WAIT to read Kati's book!

    ReplyDelete