Monday, October 24, 2011

paint post gone sad.




nothing a little paint can't fix!!!! Our main floor bathroom was one of the only rooms in our home that I hadn't painted!! So, with a can of extra paint & a bit of black spray paint for my mirror & light fixtures...I have a new & improved bathroom!!! This bathroom was painted brown with brown ceilings too!! The bead board was tan & the fixtures were gold!! I love how just a bit of paint & time can make things come alive & new!!

 I am aware that this post has NOTHING to do with our Adoption...so, for that I am sorry!! But, it does have to do with Nesting!! Don't we as women like to have our nest's in order?? Well, my nest is coming together...& it makes this momma happy:) Don't get me wrong..it's far from perfect & tidy...but I do hope my nest provides love, comfort, food, warmth to those who enter & reside here!!
 The definition of NEST:
1: The bed or receptacle prepared by a fowl for holding her eggs and for hatching and rearing her young.
2: A snug, comfortable, or cozy residence or situation; a retreat, or place of habitual resort.
3: To put into a nest; to form a nest for.
 
                                  These definitions make me smile:) Us as mommas do have ideas in our minds as to how we want our nest's to look & feel....we usually don't want a tangled mess...instead, a warm, safe, cozy residence for rearing our little ones....But, while I'm typing this, I can't help but think of all the momma's in our world who want & dream of these same things for their children...it breaks my heart...because they too, want a warm, safe place for their kids....but unfortunately, this is what some nests look like.......( I took this picture while we were in Ethiopia last summer...I have it hanging on a picture board in our home...it reminds me & all of us not to take things, our home, our bed etc....for granted. And each time I walk by this photo it reminds me to pray for her & her child lying next to her, snug up against her chest, tucked under her arm.)
     oops, my post about paint ended up bringing me to tears. makes me re-think my next paint project.
                                                                  xo
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment