Tuesday, October 4, 2011

i saw what i saw...now what??

I'm sure most of you know the song..."I saw what i saw" by Sara Groves...well, this song replays in my head over & over..."I saw what I saw & I can't forget it. I heard what I heard & I can't go back. I know what I know & I can't deny it. something on the road, cut me to the soul." Anyhow...if I'm being honest, which I am & will be. I understand these lyrics. I love these lyrics. I experienced something I can't nor want to forget. But, what now?? Again, here goes my honesty...If I could move to Africa today with my family & serve the least of these...the orphan, the widow, the lost...I would. I can't forget what i saw. I don't want to forget what i saw. Many people think...well, hey Kristen...you are adopting again...you are helping!! And, that is true..we are adopting again. But I don't want to stop there. We won't stop there. I saw. with my very own two eyes. something that has made such an imprint on me & our family. I'm not saying all of this to leave you wondering if we are up & moving to Africa. we are not. Do I believe that missions are in our future...I sure hope!! And, then there are the days where I think to myself..." man, it would be so much easier to have NOT seen what i saw...then I wouldn't understand the need, the poverty...& so on. But, Thank God I did see. And, I surely wouldn't be thinking my family ought to be missionaries in Africa of all places."
  These verses below are a few which have been consuming my mind:)


Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:27

Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.
Isaiah 1:17
Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.
Proverbs 31:8-9
  I am in the middle of reading "Radical Together, By David Platt." If you haven't read "Radical"... it's a must read, followed by "Radical Together." IT is challenging, thought-provoking (like, keep you up at night thought provoking!!) & inspiring!
    After dropping off the little girls we hosted from The African Childrens Choir On Saturday...I arrived home, opened my mailbox...& pulled out a shirt that I had ordered---------->
 If you aren't familiar with this verse, here it is.....
Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard The Lord asking,"whom should I send as a messenger to this people, who will go for us?" I said,"Here I am Lord. Send Me."
 I pray that no matter where God sends you or I...that we do it all to glorify Him. 
                                 xo

3 comments:

  1. ME too, Kristen. I too pray "that no matter where God sends you or I... that we do it all to glorify him." It is an honor to be your friend and journey through life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way...God has truly been breaking my heart for the things that break His, and I am always thinking and praying about where to go from here...thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your heartfelt post! Praying HE will show you what HIS will is!

    ReplyDelete