Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Referral-versary!!!!!

         It's been one year ago today...that we were sent these precious, precious pictures!!! For me, looking at these pictures brings me to tears...they look empty, lonely, sad, desperate. One of the first things that comes to my mind is....wow..have they changed!! The minute we laid our eyes upon these photos...we were in love!! We knew they were meant to be in our family...what we did not know was...that it would take a little over 6 months to bring them home...that wait was torture...let me tell you..I am a very patient person(or so I thought!!) but this was the very first time my patience was put to a test like this. Wow...was the wait worth it!!! The boys look at these photos and say..." Ageze look mad!!" He places his little hand over the picture and says" nobody happy there."(i think he means in the orphanage) Tesfa says.."icky, Tesfa kaka in his pants, this picture..eew!" ( which means he pooped in his pants...thats always the first thing he says when he sees it.) And to this day..if he has an accident in his pants...he gets this exact expression on his face..he feels ashamed. Now when I tell you what Ageze says...I dont mean to sound negative...the people of Ethiopia, or alot of them...seemed very happy. I think he just recalls alot of hurting children in one place who were obviously without a family...and to him, that makes sense...how can one be happy without a mommy, daddy, brothers sisters...etc. It was basically like a large daycare, a few nannies, not that much to eat, no one to kiss them at night, tuck them into their bed...EVERY child deserves a family!!

   I feel so blessed that we were chosen to be Ageze & Tesfa's family!! My hope is...those of you who have yet to start this journey...due to lack of finances, not a large enough home, too small of vehicle...etc....that you choose to let go of the How's & What-If's...God has it all under control...so what are you waiting for???
               Our beautiful, precious, smiley, silly, stubborn boys!!!! Ageze & Tesfa...you were meant to be!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how we love these very sweet boys and are so happy they were chosen to join our big, crazy family! You four kiddos are so loved!
    Love you lots,
    Auntie Lissa

    ReplyDelete