Thursday, June 28, 2012

{captured}

















{captured.} I'm captured. captured by God's love for us. captured that I've been given this job. Momma to 5 seriously precious, sweet, crazy, funny, lovable kiddos. I look at each one of our kids & see 5 very different, beautiful, unique personalities. In these last 2 weeks since Ariyat arrived here at home, we have been very laid back, enjoying one another & truly just spending our days getting to know one anothers similarities & differences. We've been cocooning to the best of our ability & it feels so right. There is absolutely nothing I'd rather do than spend time with our family. We've been enjoying our lazy mornings, jumping on the trampoline in our pj's, reading books, taking walks, grilling out & just being together. Ariyat continues to be her sweet, silly, sunshine-y self!! We hardly ever see her without a smile...her giggles are heard throughout our home!! Each morning when the girls wake up, they go to their closet, pick out an outfit & I hear them saying..."same-same!!" Most days they are dressed alike, if they can't find perfectly matching outfits, they improvise!!

Many times throughout the day, I catch myself just gazing at our kiddos. I'm amazed. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about what God has done in our family. Almost 11 years ago, Kasey & I were almost to our wedding day & today is everything I had hoped for, but never knew was possible. The road to get to where we are wasn't always easy. but, we made it. The Lord stood by us & pulled us through & I can't help but feel so thankful. I feel like one blessed mother & wife. {captured}
                                                                    xo

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs and to witness your love of the Lord! What an amazing heart you & Kasey have. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Through your words anyone can feel your love for these precious kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to use your Orphan's Prayer from August 23rd as a handout for our church's adult Sunday school class on God's Heart for the Fatherless. I don't know how to e-mail you so thought I'd try to comment. It is so touching!

    Thank you for sharing your family's story!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete