Wednesday, May 9, 2012

waiting waiting and now even more waiting

This has been a super hard wait.  When you pass court about the only thing that makes leaving your child half way around the world bearable is knowing that your adoption is moving forward and that you will be back soon.  We have been waiting since March to go back, even more so we have been waiting to hear news that we have been submitted to embassy or that we have a birth family interview date.  On April 18th we got the news that we were submitted to embassy, so we thought, according to our agency.  With no confirmation or birth family interview date since being submitted, which had taken more time than most cases, we decided to e-mail the embassy directly last night which is morning in Addis.  I waited up till 2:30 because i just had this gut feeling that something wasn't right.  I finally got the e-mail and my heart just sank to the floor as I read these words "Please be informed that as of May 9th, 2012 your agency had not submitted your paperwork to U.S. Embassy. We recommend that you contact your adoption service provider to check on the status of the documents".  So for 3 weeks we have been waiting for a birth family interview date hoping to be able to go back and pick up our girl and all along we haven't even been submitted.  I have a hard time understanding why agencies don't understand that communication during this process is paramount.  It is the only thing that families have to hold on to.  I am having a hard time staying positive so I think this is a good point to end this post...

KC

2 comments:

  1. Kristen, I'm so sorry....I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for your family. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete