Tuesday, May 22, 2012

in awe.

I'm sitting here this evening speechless...not because I have nothing to say, actually the opposite. I have so much to say. I'm not even quite sure where to begin. I woke feeling so discouraged about some news we received yesterday from our agency. ( discouraged can't even begin to describe how we were feeling.)  I felt like the air had been knocked out of me. After having a nice visit with a sweet friend this morning, I felt so much better...I am so blessed by her friendship. Then my phone rang. It was a Colorado number. Even though I wasn't feeling like chatting much, I couldn't stand not answering it, afterall, the call was from Colorado...which meant...it was one of my sweet, dear friends or it was our agency. I answered it & heard the voice of my sweet angel friend, Dawn. She knew of the unnecessary mess we were dealing with this morning with our adoption & was wanting to help. While visiting with her, she was also chatting with another sweet friend who I know through our agency...these two are just something else!! In a good way!! They wanted to post on our IAN FB page about our situation. Would I care? Would Kasey feel too proud? I said, "Go ahead!!" Dawn made a comment that is so true...she said.."Kristen, you know, it truly does take a village." It does. The village has been all of you. Thank you. Within about 3 hours of these dear friends posting....we raised OVER the remaining balance. WOW!!!! Dawn, Charisa & our village....Thank you for being the hands & feet of Christ. We feel an overwhelming amount of love & support, almost not being able to breath...but for good reason!!

After all of this, Kasey & I headed to Tesfa's preschool graduation program. I again sat there in amazement. Our littlest guy. standing there so timid. singing so quietly. fidgeting with his hands, flashing me his smile & thumbs up every 3 seconds. My heart wanted to explode. Humbled & amazed, that he is our son. God chose him to be in our family. we are in awe. even through the up's & down's. He is good. He will get us through. Here stood my son, who was still waiting in the orphanage just 2 short years ago. and, to see him now....in preschool, standing there so proud. smiling at his mom & dad. waving his little arm off. God is good. He is faithful. He will restore Tesfa. He is well on His way!!

Then, we headed home before picking the kids up from school...I checked my email. The email we've been waiting to see. They have requested that the birth family meeting would be scheduled on May 29th!! That's next week....1 week from today!!! In one week from tomorrow we should be on that plane, headed to our girl!!! God is good, people!!! Humbled & amazed.

Finally, this evening we went to Ageze's Kindergarten graduation. humbled & amazed. Amazed again at the little boy he has become. He is so very confident. He stood on stage, said his quote in the play, & smiled out at me & flashed me those big, brown, beautiful eyes, seriously. those eyes:) He stood there with his little green graduation cap on. And he looked way too grown up for this momma. Oh, how I wish his Birth dad could see him. He would be so proud. The once shy, reserved little guy was now standing there so very sure of himself & everything around him. He looked so comfortable. After the program was over, he wanted a picture with his teachers & his teacher told me something so sweet. The class was talking about making a wish & they went around telling one another what they would wish for if they had just 1 wish.....she said most kids would say a race car, a new toy, a vacation...Ageze wished for alot of cows...a whole bunch. He has such a love for cows. He talks about his cow in ET all of the time. His cow meant nourishment. life. humbled & amazed.

                      Humbled & amazed at what God has done & is continuing to do in my life. humbled & amazed with who God has chosen to put in my life. So blessed. xo
                                                                     xo

7 comments:

  1. I am just in tears!!! God is SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been humbled and amazed several times myself this week. God is good--no matter what. Now, GO GET YOUR GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You & your family are so loved by so many...but especially by our Father. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, you are such an inspiration. Praise God! God is good all the time! You humble and amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are sooo easy to love my friend. And it all comes straight from God..we were just the vessel.
    Can't wait to see pictures of you guys..all together..and HOME

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing God at work-praying tomorrow goes smoothly and you will be on your way!

    ReplyDelete