Wednesday, July 6, 2011

thoughts...

Have you ever been thinking of something so intensely that you can't find adequate enough words to explain & talk about them all??!! Well, that's me!! Usually, I can type up a post lickety-split...but today...my thoughts, well, I have alot of them, I guess...not bad ...just alot!!
Here are a few things on my mind...#1:We are waiting for our 5th child...WOW!!
#2:We have really sweet,amazing children..what a
privilege I've been given!!
#3:Tomorrow, Kasey & I have been married 10 Yrs
(I can't imagine our life without him!)
#4:thinking about the book "Radical"...random, I
know....
but I'm reading it for the 2nd time, and I
can't seem to put it down...again!!
# 5:Can't wait to go back to Ethiopia!
(hopefully with all of us...yes, all of the
kids!!)
#6: Trying to accurately describe the feelings
we have for Ethiopia...and the odd questions
you get from people, like...."Why again?"
" Are you crazy?" " A 5th child, really?"
#7: And I say..."Everyone MUST experience
Ethiopia, then you will understand
the "why's!"
#8: Thinking about how much I enjoy being a SAHM
(stay at home mom!!)really, how fortunate
i am to do what I love!!
#9: dreaming of doing missions for life!!
#10: God is Great!!
So, there you have it....a shortened version of what's in my head!!

I have to share with you one of the last parts in "Radical.."
pg..185... It says this...
The challenge is for one year, and it involves five components, I dare you( & I) over the next year to...
1. pray for the entire world.
2. read through the entire Word.
3. sacrifice your money for a specific purpose.
4. spend your time in another context
5. commit your life to a multiplying community.
I am sooo ready to take this dare...you with me???
xo

3 comments:

  1. So excited to hear that you are adopting another. Though I have yet to meet your two newest boys, and haven't seen Kate and Grant FOREVER, I look forward to meeting your newest addition sometime in the future. I get constant updates from my uncle Dennis and Debbie--they always say how lovely your family is. Prayers for another successful transition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all 5 is a wonderful number of children... although mine would add another one or two! Who knows what God has in store! You know I love Ethiopia and Radical. Did you know there is a second Radical book? I plan to reread the first on our trip next week and then dive into the second. It was good to reread the challenges. Some I have embraced fully, others I kind of forgot! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to chime in here, too. I've had Radical sitting out again and wanting to re-read it, but haven't made time to yet.

    I really need some accountability with those 5 challenges, lacking and really missing that right now.

    ReplyDelete