Tuesday, June 28, 2011

love grows & grows......

Wow!!! What a few exciting days here!! As you all probably know, or if you have adopted or are in the process of adopting...(or maybe not!!)than you have probably checked Waiting Children's lists daily like I do(yes, seriously!!) Well, This past Friday morning was just another normal am...eat bkfst, bathe kids, play, play some more, clean up for our last post-placement visit, Our wonderful Social Worker comes & this is when the story begins....


  We told her we would like to update our homestudy...just in case!! I told her I daily look at The waiting children's lists....she thought this was a great idea...anyhow, after she left...I checked Our Agency's Waiting Children's List Just one more time for the day...worth a try...right??? Well, it absolutely was!! That afternoon a most precious, darling little 6 year old girl was added to the list...I knew it...she was meant to be ours!! We talked it over, with & without the kiddos, prayed about our decision, wishing & hoping our Adoption Tax Return was already received:( The weekend flew by as usual, looked at her sweet face like 1,000,000 times a day on our computer...Then came Monday morning....I was fretting(yes again!!) about our Tax return taking so long, ran out to the garage, prayed in the garage, got back inside...right than Kasey called with the news that our FULL Adoption Tax Refund had been deposited into our acct like 5 min beforehand....Thank you Lord!! At that moment, I felt like it was all just sooo meant to be!! I talked to our agency, heard wonderful things of our girl, called Kasey back one more time for the "for sure" go ahead...and without surprise, He replied with an exciting, elated..."Yes, Kris...call them back right now & say Yes!!" We are beyond excited to start this journey to bring our daughter & sister home....Kate says, "mom, i don't know her yet, but I love her already!!" The kids each have an 8x10 pic of her in their rooms...they are talking about her like she's here!! And really....she is here...in our hearts & thoughts...so, just like Ageze reminds me..."Momma, Tesfa & me in your heart, Grant & Kate in your tummy, right??" Our love has once again grown, and I now have another precious child in my heart.
   Our sweet, precious daughter "A"...you are loved, not only by your sister & 3 brothers, momma & Papa...but by Our Wonderful Lord. He has great plans for your life & we are so lucky to be a part of it!! We can't wait till the day we can see you face-to-face, until then we will dream of you & speak of  what a wonderful, special girl you already are to us!! 
    So, there you have it...We are in Love...again...
                                                                       xo kristen

14 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    What wonderful news for your beautiful family! My husband and I are in the process of adopting our first child from Ethiopia and I just love your blog! Praying for sweet "A." Congratulations!
    Jennifer
    thewaymanfamilynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I'm so excited for your family!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! I teared up reading this! I am just thrilled with the Lord's decision in putting orphan care into my life! I too am ADDICTED to WCL's, blogs, and anything to do with loving the fatherless! Knowing there are so many other families (like you!) who have the same passion just warms my heart! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Praise the Lord one less! So excited for you all.

    Be blessed

    Ashlee
    http://ourjourneytoadoption.beckfamily143.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER excited for you!!! I have been looking at her on the waiting list and praying for a family for her...knowing that a 3rd 6 year old in house would be too much! Can't wait to follow your journey-she is beautiful! I am so excited that you are the family that I was praying for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Such wonderful news :) Love how God worked it out so perfectly...gives me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are amazing! I love your heart! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exactly what I would have titled this post. Our family is dedicated to praying beautiful A. home and doing all we can to support you on the way. May God grant you all peace and hope as the waiting begins again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting!! I just met her last week and she is soooo sweet! Very friendly with a smile that goes on FOREVER!!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I've now read this on FB twice, but had to read this, too!! Just can't get enough of beautiful families being created by our awesome God! ~Dardi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo! Congrats! I'll be adding you blog back to the "waiting" section on the IAN Families blog...hope your family's wait for "A" is super short!
    -Carey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristen, We already made the trek out to CO once this summer, so I don't think we'll be heading there for the picnic, but it does sound fun! Please let me know if you're ever going to be in Mpls or somewhere nearer...maybe sometimes I'll just have to come up and see you and Alicia!

    Still so excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful news!!! So happy to hear this and can't wait to follow along as you bring her home! Congratulations to your beautiful family!!!
    -Kryste

    ReplyDelete