Thursday, July 8, 2010

leaving on a jet plane....

Can You believe the time is here??? No..neither can I!! We've been dreaming of this day for months...and in less than 3 days we will be with our boys!! Could you say CRAZY!! Now that it is here, it's really hard to imagine actually being in Ethiopia...i mean, we've been talking about this day forever!!! I have to tell you...as HAPPY, JOYFUL, EXCITED, as I am...I am equally as NERVOUS, OVERWHELMED, SAD...you get the point!! Not nervous about being there..but getting there...Not overwhelmed in a bad way..but in a whole lotta emotions all at the same time kinda way...And Not sad in a sad, sad way...just really sad to be leaving Grant & Kate here at home...i know..they will be with their nana & bompa...going to parks, Medora, swimming, eating snow-cones, etc...but I'm still just sad..sad because our whole family won't be together for 9 days...aaaaahhhh:( BUT...in just 10 days..we will be together...the 6 of us!! My hope is to be able to update this blog every now & then, while we are there..however, if you don't hear from me..don't fret...the internet doesnt always cooperate!! Please pray for safe and uneventful flights, for Grant and Kate...that their hearts may feel love and peace while we are away, and of course for Ageze and Tesfa..that their hearts are being prepared for all of the changes that are coming their way!! Chow....for now!! xo kristen

2 comments:

  1. praying you safely arrived and that you are with your sweet sons :) SO exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given your blog address by Vickie Nordmeyer. I am originally from NoDak and my husband and I are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia as well. Congratulations. Can't wait to see updates of your children at home all together!!!!!! In case you care to look, our blog is: www.wafflesvspaghetti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete