Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HOME.....And in LOVE!!!!

We are home!!!! We were welcomed home on Sunday by the kiddos, family & friends....and what a time it was!!! I feel so lucky to have been so supported through our entire process, and now even when we are home!! We have a great group of friends who have blessed us by bringing meals everyday for a week!!! How awesome is that!!! I am not a great receiver, so I have to admit it makes me feel a little guilty actually accepting these meals...but what a blessing it has been...So THANK YOU friends:) Just a quick update on how things are going here at home, and during the next week or so I'll try and recap our week In Addis!! At this point it's hard to even put it into words....what an amazing experience it was and ever-changing. We were sooooo excited to see our Grant & Kate... I felt such relief landing in Bismarck, and have never been so glad to be back in N.D.!!!! They were holding "Welcome Home" signs with the boys' pics on them, and they were so thrilled to see us!! The boys were great on the ride home...slept all but 2 hrs of our flight!!! What a miracle that was!! And I have to say..i did quite well..until they said they had to bond material on the engine back together!!!Are you kidding??? Like they had to say that, right before flying over the dreaded ocean!!! Anyhow, I'm back and safe:) Tesfa is a ball of fun, giggles like crazy, and loves to show us his belly:) Ageze is wise beyond his years, sweet, gentle, and has encountered way too much loss in his little life:(
They are a joy to have home, and we have really enjoyed watching the 4 of them interact...when we arrived at the airport....Ageze pulled his photo album out of his bag, and flipped to a pic of Grant & Kate...pointed to the pic of grant and then at him, and the same with Kate...he put it together!!! We came home to a balloon decorated house and a full meal, complete with our dear family....so fun to introduce the boys to all of them and such a nice, warm welcome!! Our first couple days at home have been so fun...so nice to have Kasey home with us, learning about each other, and plain old having fun!! We've already experienced the zoo, cotton candy, sprinklers and many new sights, tastes, and sounds with them!!! I know...I'm not much of the cocooning, stay in my house for 3 months type....but, it works for us and our family!! So, enjoy a few pics from our first couple of days and you never know, you may even see us at the zoo again this week:).....

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pics & seeing those boys home!!!! And we are not the "stay at home for 3 months" types, either, but it has worked for us & we have enjoyed every moment of zoo trips, baseball games, & now vacation. Enjoy all of your "firsts"! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures of all 4 smiling kiddos! So glad you got home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you guys! I cried all the while I read your post and looked at the pictures! What a blessing from God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! They are ALL such beautiful kids, love seeing their smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being home. LOVE the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you all!!! The boys sound like they are adjusting well!!!! I miss their smiling faces and giggles with my morning breakfast!!!! You guys have an awesome family and I'm so glad we had the chance to meet in Ethiopia!!!! Any suggestions, or what to bring on our next trip please send my way. shasha45044@msn.com
    Blessings, Shannon and Leo Allen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are all home together! =) So wonderful to see all the happiness and fun!!

    ReplyDelete