Friday, July 2, 2010

gotta be honest.....

I am totally thrilled that today...July 2nd..we received travel confirmation...which means..in one week from today we will be heading towards our sons!!! But...i hate to fly!!!! So please, pray for my fear to subside, and for me to feel nothing but PEACE the flight over and back!! As a child..nothing was more fun than boarding that plane, but, now that I'm a mother...well..I really dislike the thought of flying!!! Also, as thrilled as I am to be packing our bags, in preparation to leave...I also STRONGLY dread leaving Grant & Kate behind...you see, I've really never been away from them, other than an overnight at nana's...and well that's 15 min from our home...and we're gonna be a whole oceans away..aaahhh!! Gotta admit...I'm already missing them...so we've been trying to pack these last couple of weeks full of fun...and thats exactly whats been going on here!!! There have been a couple of families that were in ET this past week, and they have been giving us updates...so fun to hear about our boys, knowing VERY soon...we will be the ones telling you about them and sharing pics of our "4" together..finally!!! I also have the privilege of delivering a couple of care packages to two precious little girls while we are there!! That will be a treat..and better yet..their family is right behind us on traveling!! Wishing you and your family a wknd full of memories!! Happy 4th!!! Enjoy a few funny pics from our day!!   xo kristen

2 comments:

  1. For some odd reason, I'm sobbing after reading your post. Maybe it was the mention of my girls, maybe it was you mentioning how you are feeling about leaving Grant and Kate at home. I've never spent a night without my boys so I know what you are feeling.

    And woohoo! for confirmation. You are so close to getting your sons!

    Thank you so much for delivering our packages to Desta and Debritu...We really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also REALLY dislike flying...and I was so much calmer than I expected when I went to Ethiopia for Maya. I am also having a struggle with leaving Maya next month so my heart is going out to you. We will be praying for you. please give Mento lots of hugs from me :)

    ReplyDelete