Thursday, April 22, 2010

what a week!!

So here's my recap of the week....Monday...wait to hear something..i mean anything about the boys, would have been great..but no such luck!! Tuesday...again, hoping to hear some sort of an update on court...once again, no such luck....Wednesday....receive a bit of news, rescheduled for a May 6th court date..could it be any further away?? But, hey, at least we got some sort of news...yes, not exactly what we were hoping for, but i'll take it!! And here we are today..and what a day!! We received a new update..still have may 6th court date, however were told our littlest man's file had something missing or wrong, and the director would be taking care of this issue, and he is sure we should pass on May 6th..if not, before:) So, i take that as good news..they are taking care of it, and sound very thorough..so mommas happy!! Then, off to the party store my mom and I went...balloons, streamers and everything girly..you see, tomorrow is my sweet Kate's 6th Birthday!! Anyhow, will post more on her later!! However, while shopping..dad called and told us that our sweet, lovable, loyal dog Hobbs..needed to be put to sleep today..our whole family knew this was coming, but we were unprepared as to how we would feel..what a horrible feeling, i mean I knew it would be terribly sad...but did not expect so many tears:( Then came home, turned on my computer, and guess who's beautiful, big, brown eyes are staring back at me?? Yep, our boys, and then this teary eyed momma burst into tears..i ache to hold them, kiss em, and finally meet them. Ok, so for me a trip to Plant Perfect shall make me feel better, so off I went..scoping out all of the beautiful plants...wondering if our N.D. will hold out so i can buy myself some, and then the phone rings, it's my mom, on her way to the vet with our family pup..and she tells me that my grandma called and grandpa is going to the ER in an ambulance..seriously, what next?? So, I rush down to be with grandma, and grandpa on a stretcher still telling jokes, and making the paramedics laugh so hard, they are about to pee their pants...Anyhow, please pray for my papa Chuck..they are still doing tests, and we pray they figure out what is wrong and he can go on his merry way!! So, after school, we went to the park and what greets me..yep, a black miniature schnauzer..red collar, leash and all...yep, brought me to tears once again..He looked exactly like Hobbs..about 10 years ago. So there you have it...sad, sad day....and in all of this i feel thankful...thankful for our children, thankful for our Hobbs, thankful for papa Chuck and the spirited light he is to our family, thankful that tomorrow we will be celebrating Kates 6th birthday, and thankful for a new day:) xo Kristen

1 comment:

  1. WOW Kristen thats alot of sad news in one day. I hope that Chuck is doing well. I am sorry that you guys had to put hobbs down that is very sad. Happy Birthday to Kate. Oh by the way your court date I have a feeling is going to be WONDERFUL!! Its a good day you have court and will pass im sure(just have that feeling) plus its my birthday so it has to be a good day lol. Well I hope everything goes well and we are praying that you get to bring home those 2 kiddos soon.

    ReplyDelete