Tuesday, April 10, 2012

lots of love.

This is not a topic that comes easily for me...actually, it's quite hard. The financial aspect of Adoption. Yes, there you have it. $$$. First, I want to begin by saying a big ole thank you to all of you who have played a part in bringing Ariyat home...nope, she's not home with us yet...but, it's getting close!! Whether you have helped us financially, prayerfully or with well wishes & encouragement...we thank you!! We have truly been so blessed, far more than we could have ever imagined. Let me take you back. Back to the beginning of December. I remember Kasey saying.."Kris, aren't you worried about how the funds will come in to pay for our adoption?" I replied back with a steady & firm..."no!" Truly, I wasn't. Did it come to my mind?? Of course!! Was I worried, no!! I'm sure some of you are like..."how could you possibly start another adoption without knowing where the money will come from!?" I just knew. I knew that Gods hand was all over Ariyat & the 6 of us waiting for her. Clearly, from the minute we saw her precious face, we knew that Gods plans for her involved us. We just knew. It was that feeling when you can't even question it..Gods plans are so great!!! So, I knew with us saying "yes" to God & His plan for the 7 of us...that we would all be ok. Our hearts & faith would remain strong. He would sustain us. The funds would be there. And, guess what...they have!! Ok, so going back to December...Another adoptive mom, whom up until that point I had never spoken with, she emailed me one day & wondered if we would mind if she "hosted" a blog/fb style Kindle fire giveaway with donations benefiting our adoption!! In 1 short, amazing week...a total of $5,905.00 was donated!!!! Can I get an Amen....yahoo!!!! Our total amt due at that time was I think...$4,325.00!!! He far surpassed that!! You far surpassed that!!! Thank you doesn't feel adequate. But, Thank you!!! After that, Our church held a mission movie night...once again, the way they have stepped right next to our family during this process has been amazing!! The mission movie night was a huge success....a total of about $3,000 was raised!!!! Simply Amazing!! The love that has been shown to all of us is incredible...Why is it that we sometimes doubt what God & His people will do? With Him, there are NO limits on love!! It is never-ending!!! Ok, so I'm sure you are wondering...where are you going with all of this?!! Well, first of all...I want you to know. God is faithful. And, He is good!!!

 Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Carried by Your constant grace
Held within Your perfect peace
Never once, no, we never walk alone

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

Every step we are breathing in Your grace
Evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful

You are faithful, God, You are faithful
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
So, with all of this being said....I am asking you to join us once again. whether through prayer, encouragement or financial help!!! We are so, so close to having everything paid in full!!!! We are only $2,800 away!!! We will be having a Spring Rummage Sale May 4-5th!! If you have anything you'd like to donate to the sale, we'd appreciate it so much!! If you have any questions, feel free to message me...also, We have about 250 puzzle pieces left...if each piece was sponsored for $10/piece....we'd only have $300 left:)
                          Thanks again for loving & supporting our family. 
                                                    xo

4 comments:

  1. Love seeing God provide, Kristen! I know He's got it covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen! I'd love to donate a couple of magazine bead necklaces and one of our adoption shirts. Send me an email at jenwayman@gmail.com if you'd be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good! I love the puzzle!!!! Where did it come from! I'm in awe of your family going through this process more than once! I've shared your wonderful puzzle and blog and hopefully that will spread until you are fully funded!!! Congratulations!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete