Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our God.

  Love this song. For me, it's one of those songs where I just sing as loud as my voice will carry...maybe not always a good thing...but I just love it that much, so I really don't care how it sounds coming out of my mouth!!! Oh, and Our God IS healer!!! My last MRI I had of my brain about 2 months ago came back amazing!!! The radiology report said the large spot I had on the right side of my brain is hardly visible!! Praise be to God!!!    And then I'm reminded...Lord, it's so easy to be thankful when things seem to be going "our" way, the way we like them...but, that's not Your way!!!  We are to cling to You with all we have, every minute of every day...In rain or shine!!   Remembering back.....when we had first announced to our family & friends that we would be adopting....I had a few very concerned friends...They questioned.."are you sure you should be doing this??" "are you sure it won't be too hard on your health??" They are dear friends...they mean well...they were just concerned for my well-being. And, I remember saying..."I would be worse off NOT going forward with the adoption!" We had to. God had made it very clear to us that adopting was not in our plan, but HIS!! Not that we were ever against it....we had entertained it many times...but, this time it was not being entertained...we were commanded!! Anyhow, after sharing our hearts with those friends, it was no longer me trying to explain why I should adopt...God simply placed the words in my mouth. I no longer felt like I needed to justify myself. God was doing it for me. Thank you Lord. I cannot even begin to imagine If the"what if's", would have held us back. From that day on...I could hear God saying..." Kristen, I did not command you to adopt to then have your health spiral downwards." "Trust ME, for I am with you." God, You are faithful. God, You are greater. God, You are stronger. There's no one like YOU. I will cling to YOU on the good days & the bad.                                                      xo           "Our God."
Water, You turned into wineOpened the eyes of the blindThere's no one like YouNone like You
Into the darkness, You shineOut of the ashes we riseThere's no one like YouNone like You
Our God is greaterOur God is strongerGod, You are higher than any otherOur God is healerAwesome in powerOur God, our God
Into the darkness, You shineOut of the ashes, we riseThere's no one like YouNone like You
Our God is greaterOur God is strongerGod, You are higher than any otherOur God is healerAwesome in powerOur God, our God
Our God is greaterOur God is strongerGod, You are higher than any otherOur God is healerAwesome in powerOur God, our God
And if our God is for usThen who could ever stop usAnd if our God is with usThen what could stand against
And if our God is for usThen who could ever stop usAnd if our God is with usThen what could stand againstThen what could stand against
Our God is greaterOur God is strongerGod, You are higher than any otherOur God is healerAwesome in powerOur God, our God
Our God is greaterOur God is strongerGod, You are higher than any otherOur God is healerAwesome in powerOur God, our God
And if our God is for usThen who could ever stop usAnd if our God is with usThen what could stand against
And if our God is for usThen who could ever stop usAnd if our God is with usThen what could stand againstWhat could stand againstWhat could stand against

3 comments:

  1. LOVE that song and praising God for your healing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your words, Kristen. I LOVE that song, too, and sing it with all my might, as well. Praising God for all He is doing in your life. He truly is faithful, and when He calls us, He equips us for the call. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, your faith amazes & inspires me! Praise be to God for your health, so happy to hear that. Miss you, will you get down here to AZ already!?? XO

    ReplyDelete