Monday, November 7, 2011

one of a kind friends.

Yup, They make me smile!!! Joey & Destiny & their sweet little girl "Gali" came to visit last week!! Well, I guess it started off more like..."Hi, nice to finally meet you all!!" "Thanks for making the trek up here to North Dakota!" So, yea...Destiny & I had been emailing each other for a little over a year...(ok, I guess you could say I was stalking her)ha!!!! And now I know why I was stalking her!!! An hour or so before they pulled into our driveway..Kasey said.." are you nervous, Kris?" "Nervous for what?" I asked. "Well, to have people stay with us that we don't even know!" Ha!! "Nope!!" was my response!! That's exactly how it went:) This family is incredible. Delightful. beautiful. real. and the best part is....they LOVE GOD. Like, you can just feel it. I could listen to Joey speak for hours...because you know what he talks about....God!! And the passion, the love, the light, that shines from Joey when he is speaking about God..well, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone quite like him. Or her. They arrived Late Friday night...we stayed up for a few hours visiting, said Good night & I laid in bed knowing these would be life long friends....yes, friends! I know, I had just met them..but, I knew!! If you had the chance to meet them while they were here...you know exactly what I mean:) Saturday brought a fun day getting to know each other...like really getting to know each other. I love deep talks. We talked & talked & talked!! Destiny & I share the same love for healthy food. I've always thought I love healthy, organic, good for the soul food...but, she taught me so much about healthy everything!!! Anyhow, Saturday night we had our adoption Group over for appetizers & a gathering. We enjoyed the company, visiting & then listened while Joey shared his heart. You missed out if you weren't here...just sayin!! Again, we stayed up till like 1:00 am!!! can you even believe it?? I am so not a night owl!! But, then again...I could talk about God, life, family, friends...for hours!! Sunday morning we had breakfast & off to church we went! Our church was lucky enough to have Joey speak...the whole service!!! I mean, when you look at this guy...you can see God's love. It was beautiful. We had a laid back afternoon, then went to my parents for dinner!! I just had to share This family with whomever was available!!! They blessed us big time & I know others felt the same way!! Sunday night Destiny & I headed to our local grocery store...i know..fun, right??! I love the organic section at the store..So, since they were leaving 2 days later...we thought it would be fun to shop for healthy stuff!!! She had a ton of great suggestions...& I love it!!! You all are gonna think we are nuts...but, we were at the store until midnight!!!!ha!! That's what mom's who love health food do on Sunday nights!!! Monday we spent the day just hanging out together, sharing our hearts some more, dreaming together, praying together. What a terrific day we had!!! We trick-or-treated the night away...then stayed up late talking!! Tuesday was a day we were dreading at this point...here, in just a few days time...we had created such a strong friendship.... an everlasting one. I just Love the people that God brings into our lives. They were such a blessing to our family. Friends who we can talk GOD, life, family, happy, sad & everything in-between with. Since they left a week ago...we've talked on the phone a couple of times...prayed over the phone, text back & forth....and I always hang up feeling so encouraged & led. The work God has done & continues to do in & through this family is just beautiful...just like Joey spoke about multiplying...here are a few scriptures I've been reading today & have been speaking to my heart...

Matthew 9:37-38 "Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.'"
  • When the crowds of needy people were multiplying, what strategy did Jesus use to multiply the presence of God in a saving way to meet the need?
  • Jesus sends the 12 disciples to do and teach the same message and methods of the kingdom of heaven as he was (Matthew 9:35; 10:1, 7-8). What principles of leadership selection and reproduction do we see here
Revelation 7:9 "After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes…"

  • Since this great multitude comes out of the generations who have lived on the earth, how can you increase the total harvest of the kingdom of God in your region, including crossing cultures and language groups to bring Jesus to them?
  • Can you see here how God has delighted in the dream of his heart and seen the fulfillment of millions upon millions of human beings becoming members of his forever family by receiving the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world?
                                         Here I am Lord....SEND ME!!!!!         xo

                                 Joey, Destiny & Gali...thank you!!!! We look forward to the day we can see you all again:) 
                                                                       Until then.....I'll be praying:)

No comments:

Post a Comment