Friday, October 16, 2009

blessings...

What a fun week it has been!  I've met up with two friends this past week, celebrated my SIL, my mom's 50th,and my grandmas bdays.  Spent lazy mornings with my kiddos, ate some good breakfast, watched a few kid movies.  Oh, how I love my kids!!  I feel blessed to have each of these girls in my life!  I surely hope that I am doing at least 1/2 as good of a job my mom did (and dad) at raising us 4 kids.  I hope that at 50, I too will be such a great mom/friend, wife, nana, cook, housekeeper, and the list goes on!!  Today I had a little "free" time, so I browsed a few blogs and this is what i found! "The reward for considering the helpless is not just the end result, but the pain, the heart pain, that accompanies it.  It is cleansing to hurt when god himself hurts; it is a good thing."  I know god hurts for all of these children, and so do we.  We are thankful and feel lucky that we are going on this journey, so we can help 2 of these children, and give them a forever family.  This week we also found out that a couple we know through church, and have also become friends with, are beginning their adoption journey!  We are thrilled for them, their kids, and their families.  Check out their blog at findingjoshua.blogspot.com. We are off to celebrate grandma's b-day, and hopefully enjoy some cake!!  Happy weekend xo

No comments:

Post a Comment