Sunday, July 17, 2011

impatient, yet hopeful..

I feel guilty even saying this...but I'm feeling so impatient waiting for our sweet "A".. She has no idea yet that she has a family coming for her...but I hope somehow, She might just feel a bit more comfort, peace & love... trusting that someone, somewhere loves her so. We received a couple of videos of her the other day...she is precious! In one of the videos she's swinging & singing at the top of her lungs, and then you can hear all of the other kids outside start singing along to the same song....how I wish I could see her...today. We love her. We feel so close to her. But yet soooooo far. We can't wait to see her beautiful, smiling face. We trust that this process will be perfect in God's timing. We pray we are able to take all of our kid's with us. Yes, a looooong flight with 4 kids. Kasey hopes to stay for a couple of wks with us. I hope to stay with all 5 of our kid's until the day we can bring our girl home. We plan to help out at the orphanages. Visit different shelters. Show love. Show hope. to those who need it most. And, we believe. We believe & trust that this hope & dream of our's will come true. I can't wait for our children to experience this together. As a family. I can't wait till my feet, or should I say...our plane...touches down in Addis!! So, I guess more than feeling impatient...I'm feeling hopeful..I have my favorite song playing now on my blog..."Thousand Stars.." Please listen to it...carefully. I have to share with you a precious story from yesterday...The kid's wanted to do a lemonade stand...which I've never been crazy about..but, when they told me they wanted to take donations to help bring their sister home...how could I say "no!" We dug out Grant's work bench...they painted away...all by themselves...about a wk ago I found really cute lemonade stand stuff at Target for 1/2 off...so they jazzed up their stand...I made lemonade & cookies..we set up on our busy boulevard down the street...the kids wrote on the donation box..."Donations to bring our sister home from Ethiopia!!" Such a sweet sight...& our local Newspaper thought it was pretty sweet too!! They came by, snapped a few pic's, interviewed them...and what do you know...they made the front page of our paper...and they are $156.00 further to reaching their plane ticket goal!!! So, if you ever wonder how adoption will affect your other kid's at home...I'd say this is a pretty good indicator!! They are already in love & can't wait to have her home...not that it comes without it's challenges.It does. But, parenting any child. whether adopted or biological, comes with challenges!! I'll leave you with a pic of the kid's at their stand!! Thanks to all of you who stopped by...gave our children hope that it is indeed possible for them to go to the country where their sister is waiting..We appreciate it...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment