Saturday, September 24, 2011

blown away blessed!!!!

before we start day 2 of our sale...I just had to tell you all how amazing day 1 was!!! Incredibly amazing!! It's so hard to believe how successful the day was...well, not really...considering God is just that BIG & Incredible!! We had a beautiful day...sunshine & smiling(for the most part!!) customers!! God has a way of putting some very incredible people in one's path. For example...I met a woman who actually stopped here twice...her & her husband are foster parents...currently they have the most precious 19 month old twins...we visited for quite some time... she shared that some of her friends think they are just crazy...not crazy for being foster parents, BUT crazy for being foster parents AFTER their kids were all grown & away in college..WOW! I'm guessing they are in their 50's..that is incredible! That's not crazy people...that's GOD! The love she has for her sweet foster children was undescribable!! Another cool part of the day was when a girl & a guy came ...no older than 18...They found a handful of items...came to the table & said..."Is $65.00 enough for this??" My mouth dropped...I said.." Oh my goodness, you guys, that is just way too much..." They refused to give me any less. By the smiles on their faces...I could tell how much they loved to be giving. They commented that they had been to our lemonade stand the kids had a while back...& they just thought it was cool, so they came back & gave again. WOW!!! I hope all of our kids will have that same giving, compassionate, generous attitude when they are that age....Their parents should be sooo proud of them!!! When they left I thanked them again, told them how inspiring they both were...young people with incredibly giving hearts. Ok, gotta get ready for our day...but have to share one more story...
A woman probably in her mid 30's...shopped the tables for a good hour...she brought her things to the table, asked me who to write a check out to...& then handed me a check for $100! Like I said in my last post...I'm getting better at receiving gifts from people...but being a mom with children...i know how much $100 is & I know how many groceries I could buy, or gas in my car, school clothes...etc....so, I said...well, thank you so much, but $100 is wayyy too much...I really appreciate it, but I just can't take all of this...she said..."I am going to give you this...We recently had a fundraising benefit dinner for our family & we were so thankful to those who gave, so I just want to help you in the same way others helped us! I said" would you mind If I asked what your fundraiser was for?" She said "My husband needs a heart transplant." WOW! My heart sank. How can she give to my family, when they could use this money?? They are a family of 4...two of them age 3 & 5..the other two their God-loving parents. I still sit here just amazed. Amazed at God's goodness & faithfulness. Amazed at how this woman could so graciously give when her husband is fighting for his life. I believe that her husband will receive the absolutely most perfectly matched heart for his body. You see, he can't receive just any heart..she explained that it needs to be just right...right for his weight & height. God is so Good & so Faithful...I know This family will be ok. Would you please join me in praying for this family?? Each one of these encounters & hearing someone's life story..has blessed me in a new way... I love getting to know new people & who they are.

OOps...almost forgot....drum roll please....yesterday our grand total was........$1,408.00.....Yes, you read that right....One Thousand, Four Hundred & eight dollars!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

2 comments: